Anam Cara is open about whether those seeking donations on their behalf are volunteers, employees of the organisation or are third party agents.
Anyone fundraising on behalf of Anam Cara must ensure that prospective donors are aware of their status, i.e. volunteers, employees or third party agents.
Note: If or when a member of the public enquiries about the employment standing of a fundraiser they must receive an honest and open answer. The standing in this case relates to whether or not a fundraiser is a volunteer, a paid employee of the charitable organisation or a third party agent working on behalf of the charity.
The recommended form of words is:
- Volunteer: “I volunteer for Anam Cara”
- Employee: “I work for Anam Cara”
- Third Party Agent: “I work for ABC company and we have been engaged by Anam Cara to raise funds for them”
Anam Cara is…
- Fully compliant with the Governance Code for Community, Voluntary and Charitable Organisations,
- signed up to the Guidelines for Charitable Organisations Fundraising from the Public,
- we have adopted the use of Charities SORP (FRS102) in our financial statements, Click on our Anam Cara Annual Report 2017 Anam Cara Annual Report 2017 Final
- and we fully embrace the work of the Charities Regulatory Authority.
Download Anamcara’s Fundraising Disclosure
Download Commitment to Standards in Fundraising Practice
Download Anam Cara Public Compliance Statement
Download Charity Regulators Guidelines For Charitable Organisations Fundraising from the Public
If you want to find out more about the Fundraising principles that are recommended to ensure best practice, please go to http://www.ictr.ie/content/fundraising-codes-practice